Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

oh and i forgot

i got up to go swimming today. i thought about using my new found wisdom and just get back in bed but think that i shouldn't confuse lazyness with wisdom. there might be a fine line there.
i have been thinking the hamburger suit might be cursed. i haven't ever had a good swim while wearing it. i wore it this morning and yeah, it might be cursed.
the coach put the warm up on the board. it wasn't the normal warm of so i accidentally did an extra 100 before i caught on for a total of 900 yards, should have been only 800. while we were all doing the warm up he put the next set up - 6x50 build then 4x100 (anything but free) of which he had me do only 2x100 because i am slower and was falling behind. granted some of my falling behind was due to him stopping me and giving me some pointers. then came the next set, the one he didn't put on the board. 3x500 with the 3rd one being timed. i did the first 500 and thought i was going to die. my arms were so tired and it was just really freaking hard. and my time, good lord my time was terrible. it was 30 seconds slower than the timed 500 i did in january and over a minute slower that my pace for the timed 1000 i just did a few weeks ago. i wasn't so happy with that and blamed it on the hamburger suit.
so i rested and then set off again. this time i took it easy and just swam. every 3rd length i did the breast stroke and my arms were not as tired. this time i finished over 1 minute faster than the previous to which the coach agreed was more likely and much more inline with the people i normally swim with. we determined that i must have mis counted the first one and done an extra 50 or something. i hope that is the case and not that i mis counted the 2nd and did 50 too few, that would blow. i opted out of the 3rd one but did a quick 200 to finish up. i was beat. swimming is hard and i was a littl discouraged today.

No comments: