Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

everybody's working for the weekend

wow, i am tired. long week. lots going on, the weather is crappy and last week of tough workouts before tapering for nationals. wasn't sure i was going to make it, and almost didn't!!

wednesday i came to terms with my fear of cyclocross and told my coach i'd rather do zn5s on the trainer than go to the cyclocross practice and race after. so she had me do some zn5s on the trainer. 2min at zn 5 follwed by 5 minutes of zn4 followed by 4 minutes recovery repeat 4 times. twice i thought i was on the verge of puking. eric says it was because i was in the garage. maybe it was because i was watching harry potter, or maybe it was the spider crawling dangerously close to the fan. regardless it was hard but i got it done and felt good about it.

yesterdays track workout... oh where do i start. i think i have a mental block on track workouts. or maybe just thursdays are bad days for them, but whatever it is, it seems like every time there is a track workout i find some reason for something to go wrong with it. yesterday was pouring rain, so i consulted with some friends and the responses included: "WWSVD?" "Suck it up buttercup", "Rule #5 - Harden the F up", and "Rule #9 Do a road ride instead since riding in bad weather means you are a bad ass. Period."
i opted for treadmill. since my car was in the shop eric picked me up from work and dropped me at the gym, and in the locker room i discovered i didn't pack a sports bra. its not that im totally boobalicious, but i am boobalicious enought that i cannot run if there is any bounce. called up eric to come get me since he wasn't too far away yet, drove home, changed into my clothes and drove back to the gym and proceeded to have my ass handed to me while watching the Bear Whisperer. i didn't hit any of the times, i was dying the whole time, and next time will opt to do the workout in the pouring rain because that was NO FUN AT ALL. it was scary though going up to 10 on the treadmill and i think that was part of the reason it went so bad, it was just damn scary.
i did sweat a lot which i like to do, it just didn't go very well. good intentions, poor execution.
friday was a good day! i got to pick my car up at the shop and it looks brand new! they totally detailed the car inside and outside, too! it even has new car smell which kind of made me sick, but it was so nice to have all the dents fixed and have it all so clean!!! also i got my wedding ring back. last weekend while at the mall we stopped into the jewelry store to get my rings cleaned and the discovered that one of the prongs had broken off! so i left it there and eric and the kids picked it up for me. it too looks brand new!!! so happy to have it back!
then today i met up with april. omg, she totally kicked my arse again. she was on her single speed 29er again and we did hills. and wow, she dropped me every time. and then we ran. 30 minutes uphill, 15 down. then i had to come home and GO TO SLEEP. eric got me a new pillow and between it and the flannel sheets i was in heaven!!
tomorrow begins the taper!!

3 comments:

LaVonne said...

You did have a hard week! Enjoy your taper! I am not at SCX b/c the weather is to crappy. I did not suck it up!

Z's mom said...

BTW, it is really really hard to hit times on the TM. Really hard. I have found that since returning to the actual bona fide track I appear much faster. So don't worry about that.
Weather is pretty good here...if you have more track workouts maybe you should just commute down :)

Janet said...

Carrie, you are awesome! Hooray for taper-time!