Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

compliments that aren't really

lots going on, big changes already made and more coming. a good start to the season, training has kicked in and heading into my first rest week.
today i took the day off from work. i was supposed to have "surgery" today. i was pretty stressed out about it, not knowing exactly how much it might hurt and goodness, what all could possibly go wrong. after taking all the medicines yesterday and all the medicines this morning before heading over and then getting a shot in my ass (i asked her which ass, she said whichever, so i picked my right ass since my left was kind of sore from running yesterday) and then taking some vicodin, i was ready to go. they left me in the procedure room for a while, so i spent the time looking on my iPhone for a 5k to do next weekend. then all the medicines starting to really work and i HAD to lay down. i was feeling pretty darn good. they came in to get started and i was just like, i had to lay down. they laughed and when i tried to sit up they said to just keep laying there. then things got started, one quick look and ya know what, no "surgery" needed after all. hooray. i still wound up with 3 shots of local anesthetic, a couple more shots of some other stuff that despite all the pain stuff already hurt like a mothrafarker and then bam, procedure done and more just laying there.
eventually i was totally done, eric and sirus picked me up, and we headed home. i was feeling so "good" and the weather seemed really nice down town that i kept telling eric that we should hang out and do something. instead we stopped at starbucks for a tall, xtra hot, non-fat, with whip, salted caramel hot chocolate and went home. i tried to read a magazine but instead fell asleep for a good 5hrs! it reminded me of when eric had his lasik's done. i was super pregnant, like seamus was born only a few weeks later, it was so tramatic that while eric was getting his eyes done, the nurse came out to check on me because she said i didn't look so good. i wasn't that is for sure. but on the drive home eric was a super chatty cathy talking about it all, this, that the other and whatever and he didn't think the valium they gave him was working and then bam, he totally fell asleep almost instantly. i got up from sleeping just as eric was finishing dinner which was fantastic since i had only a small breakfast and the hot chocolate earlier in the day. 3 pork chops and 2 huge servings of mashed potatoes later, i am wondering where the cookies are and wondering if it would be ok to drink a beer.
when i was at the doctors he had to press on my abdomen, looking for something, just pushing around and whatever. he told me i needed to relax because he couldn't feel anyhing since my ab muscles were so strong. hooray! seamus's doctor said the same thing about her when she was probably 2, which is kind of funny, too. i took it as a compliment, same as when i got a bike fit and the guy said, well you have really narrow hips, to which i interrupted with thank you!!! he just looked at me like i was crazy. but dude, i don't care, it was a total compliment!! its not every day you get to hear you had strong abs or narrow hips, so i will take it when i can get it!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Yes, those are really compliments! It is definitely not often I get to hear I have strong abs and narrow hips. It is so firmly in the "not often" category, that it has never happened to me! I did however get the opposite compliment from my ex-boyfriend from high school's mother. The first time she met me, she took one look and said, "Oh what nice hips for birthing nice big sons." Holy cow. That killed that relationship before it ever really started...

I'm glad it all went well!!