Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

NEW POST!

so much so much! how can someone who has such a boring life always have so many updates!! time is flying. where does it go? i'll tell you where it goes! it goes into update spreadsheets with data that has nothing to do with how many miles i've ridden my bike or how many yards i have swam. those updates take mere seconds compared to the hours that other spreadsheet updates take!
quick note about my 5k pr - i won! overall lady runner! yahoo! full disclosure, had one of the 10kers been a 5ker, she would have beaten me, but she kept on going, so i won! hooray!
i did my first track workout last week. as always i was a bit stressed about it. i was doing it in the MORNING because i had fancy team photo shoot after werk, but i got up on time, weather was perfect!!! the moon was amazing in the morning sky, positioned just over Great Clips. i got to the HS track and low and behold my key card DID NOT WORK. WTF!! so i got back in the car and drove to the dirt track at the jr high. i did the warm up, did two of the speed intervals and then oh no! disaster was going to strike! i shimmied to the honey bucket only to find that it had a mothra fawking padlock on it!!! so i shimmed to the car and drove home! disaster averted, and then i ran back to the track. was so far behind on time that i got to hear the pledge of allegiance, i got to hear about the two jr high golfers who did great at the tournament, and i skipped one 800 because the PE teachers were out there setting up and they may or may have not been giving me the stink eye. so i ran home. but my times were good, i hit them all, was even under on a few. so excited!
a bunch of other crazy workouts, i posted a contest to see who would like to take me to the school auction. i am pretty sure dan hugo was going to step up and be my date but i am also pretty sure he has a race the next morning.
what else? the other morning i woke up, went to the gym, changed into my swim suit, gathered all my crap, went down to the pool and stood there on the ledge with my cap on and everything. then i put all my crap away and sat in the therapy pool. i could not get into the pool. just a few days earlier i smoked eric's ass in a 25yd sprint. the water was freezing that day. the heater broke a few days earlier and i am pretty sure the pool was wet suit legal, but i couldn't take any chances. i sat in that therapy pool for a long while then got out and went to work. i canceled my evening plans, i didn't do my run, i went home and was passed out in bed before 8pm. it was a good decision!

1 comment:

LaVonne said...

You are going to kick ass in your races this year! Well, maybe not in the swim part, since you're kind of slacking on that. But for sure the bike and run!!!