Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

i forgot the best part!!

so the other morning i was laying in bed trying to wake up.  this has started to be real problem for me.  twice now i have woken up at the sound of my morning workout alarm, actually gotten out of bed, started to get going then deciding or realizing that i am too tired and should go back to bed.  i have then both times fallen back asleep so soundly that i totally sleep through my get up for work alarm!  gah!!  and not just sleep through by a few minutes, we are talking slept through it by almost an hour both times!!!
before any of that happened, i was laying bed one morning, trying to decide when i was actually going to get up when i rubbed my head.  my hair is growing in, but its still sift and feels nice to rub.  plus the incision still hurts sometimes for unknown reasons so i rub my head a lot.  but this one morning, i was just rubbing it when all of a sudden - ouch!  what is that?  i started to investigate with my fingers a little more since i couldn't see my head and sure enough - ouch! again!  there was something sharp and spiky sticking out of my head!  what in the world?  first i thought maybe i had a scab there for some reason so i tried to pick it off.  wouldn't budge.  so of course my imagination starts to wander and goes straight to OMG!!  i have got a tick latched onto my head and it has been sucking my soul out all night long!!  OMG OMG OMG!! so gross, i am going to throw up, this is terrible.  or OMG what if its lice!!  OMG, i couldn't handle it at all, so i jumped out of bed and titled the bathroom mirror so i could see the back of my head.  i isolated the spiky thing and it didn't look dark like a tick might so i just didn't know.  i grabbed the tweezers and found eric. 
he was making breakfast for the kids, but i was just like, dude, i have something sticking out of my head and you need to pull it out, RIGHT NOW!!!  so he tried and it was stuck.  he tried again with a bit more force and sure enough he got it out.  it was about 1/4 of an inch long, and white and thin.  it seemed to be that it was one of those thin plastic things that attach tags to clothing.  not the thicker T section, or the smaller T section at the other end, but just part of the middle.  it was so weird.  what could it have been?  could it have been one of the disolvable stitches?  could it have migrated over 4 inches away from the incision and then decided to just pop out for no reason?  was it a bone fragment?  was it an alien being or maybe my parasitic twin?  it was all i could think about for a few days, i couldn't beleive i didn't SAVE it for further inspection, and instead hoped another one would pop out we could pull it out, too.  what the hell!!!

No comments: