Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

barfingbusbuddy

You know what this is?


That's the view I had today.  A little before noon my stomach started to hurt while I was at work.  I thot some lunch would help me out.  I knew I was in trouble when the site of carrot cake make me want to hurl.  But I powered through picking up some lunch taking it back to the office, having a few bites and then I laid down in the mom's room.  On the floor.  I set my alarm for 30 minutes then upped that to 45.  After that time was up I decided it was best to go home.
You know what is lame about that?
I take the bus to work.  It's like 50min on the bus and then like 15 or so minutes in the car.
Ya know what's even more lame about that?
The bus that would take me to my car doesn't run mind day.  Id have to either lay on that floor for a few more hours or see if Eric could pick me up part way.  
So off I went.
You know what's lame about that?  
The bus stop is like 4 blocks away and I wasn't sure I could make it.  Once I got there I sat down on the sidewalk.  Downtown.  In the dress I wore to work.  
The bus came, I got on it.  Stop and go, jostle and jerk.  OMG I was in so much pain. Finally on the freeway but I couldn't relax.
So I debussed at the park and ride on the island.  Yes, the same one where only two weeks ago I parked my car and then totally forgot that I did and took the bus the whole way home.  Yeah.  That one.  Sadly my car was not there today, but I couldn't even manage the bus.
So I crossed the street, found a shady spot, and layed down.  That photo is my view from where I was laying.
I texted Eric, he could come get me but it would be a while so I settled in and fell asleep.  And then I woke up and barfed.
Oh how I love barfing in public.  
And then I laid back down.  Because I was still so far away and traffic was so bad it took Eric about an hour to get to me.  I was so happy to see him although I am sure I didn't look it or act it.
Finally made it home, still in terrible pain and straight into bed.  
Now, almost 10 hrs later, I am feeling a bit better.  Less pain, but still concerned.
Maybe it's the applesauce?

1 comment:

LaVonne said...

Do people ask you if you're OK when you're lying down in a dress and puking? I sure hope so.