Pages

Monday, June 19, 2006

when i am good, i am so good

lets see. i went to california last week. it was so warm and sunny that i almost started to cry when i first stepped out of my hotel. i am so sun deprived it is rediculous. i went swimming at the club next to the hotel on wednesday evening. pool swimming is so nice. the water is clear, there isn't any poo on the bottom, but i have noticed the occasional ball of hair that floats by which is gross but not quite grosser then gross. wednesday night i had asparagus, snow peas and cheesecake for dinner. can't beat that.
thursday morning i went to the club next to the hotel and ran on the treadmill. treadmill running is now one of my favorite things. ok, that is pushing it, but it is fun because I can watch my progress some.
no comment about being in the office. i will do that some other time but it was good to see everyone.
we all went out to dinner and i got relatively hammered. i haven't done that in a long time. i even did a shot which i really haven't done in a really long time.
i had to get up at 530 to get to the airport to catch my flight. i felt a little dizzy but not bad. once i got home though i realized that felt dizzy simply because i was still drunk and once i got home the hangover was taking over. splitting headache and just all around not feeling good plus i was exhausted. seamus was so cute though because she told me over and over again that she missed me. that made my day! mom stopped by late that evening because eric was going to take her to the airport to pick up rick and his girlfriend. i passed out.
on saturday, i woke up at 530 again to head out to triathlon #2. I was no longer drunk or hung over but i dind't want to do the race. like really really didn't want to do it. i was totally freaked out about the swim since the last one was so horrible. i kept telling charity that i didn't think i was going to do it and i was trying to find some way to bail on it. next think ya know, its 10 minutes to start time, i am in my wetsuit and at the start. the guy running it was so awesome in that he asked who wasn't a very good swimmer and then suggested to all those who raised their hands to move to the back and to just let the others head out a little bit before going out. this helped so much! and combined that with that the water was so much more calm then lake washington has been i actually had fun on the swim! only once did i start to think about the possiblity of their being horrible things on the bottom and that was only a very quick thought. i came out of the swim and was able to actually prance my way up onto the beach and run to the transition area - something i was not able to do last time. i jumped on my bike and was on my way. the bike ride was fun, it was a two lap course and i was only caught by two of the guys who had started 5 minutes ahead of my field. eric installed a computer for me so i was able to keep track of time and speed and all of that. then it was off on the run. i started out slooooow. like - was i really running? but then after probably 10 minutes i started to pick it up. since i was going so slow i had decided that the 3 miles would likely take me over 30 minutes and i told myself that any time over 30 i would go as fast as i possibly could. i wound up rounding the corner and heading toward the finish only to see eric, seamus and sirus by the fence with seamus jumping up and down yelling "run mommy run" and i was totally inspired. she is so amazing and to see her so excited to see me running like that made me so happy! i picked up the pace and finished! I finished the run in 26 minutes which was amazing to me! i was so happy to see seamus and eric and sirus and i felt so good. hooray! to top it off, i came in 3rd in my age group and they announced my name and gave me a little trophy which i now have sitting on my desk at work. I think now that maybe i will take it home and give it to seamus.
after the race we came home, eric went for a bike ride and run, the kids took a nap, i layed on the deck and then took a nap. when eric came home he and seamus cleaned out seamus's pool and even though the water was so cold and the air was kind of cold too, seamus splashed around in there.
sunday we went for a short family jog and then did some shopping. then everyone came over for a BBQ - christie and jon, mom and rick and his gf. seamus wanted her "wet suit" on so she could go in the pool, so even though we were all in sweatshirts there she was splashing around having a great time. it was so fun to hang out with everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such an inspiring entry! I felt like I was looking in the water for "poo" too... Congrats on the race! jen l

Anonymous said...

I have been taking a kayaking class and falling into the lake and stuff and since I read this every time I fall now I am afraid of poo. Thanks!