Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

ow

i am tired. way tired. tday was the mountains to sound race and i am disapointed in how terrible i feel right now. i got the hand off from the paddlers whom i hadn't ever met, gave them my cell phone and keys to my car, and then was off. i was feeling really good! i was picking people off all over the place. it was fun! i was worried about running 13.5 miles along the burke gilamn trail but it was actualy pretty nice. i had made myself a scrug from an old pumpkin push shirt. my arms get so cold and its just my skin that gets cold. so i cut it off real short and made it into a little jacket. it worked great! but only a few miles in i took it off and my shirt, too. i was feeling really good! they said there were two water stations, 1/3 of the way in and then 2/3s. but an hour in i knew i was more then 1/3 in and no water. just then it appeared but i think it was too late. i stopped and drank a whole cup but my mouth was instantly dry. it was all down hill from here on out. this is about when i got passed by the barefoot girl! she had little bootie things on but still. then i got passed by some really fast people, and i was ok with that. then we got to where we go for the family jogs and i started to fall apart. my knees, my back, my neck, all of it. plus i started to get worried that maybe there wouldn't be a 2nd water station and whatever. a mile or two went by and i eventaully came to the 2nd water station but it didn't help my knees or hammys. they said it was about 3 more miles to go. i got totally bummed out that the stop light changed at 25th so i could go. i really wanted to rest. i did eventually stop to stretch. and walk. a few times. it really bummed me out that i was feeling so terrible and that i had to walk as much as i did. then the temperature dropped by 5 degrees or even more, the sun went away and i had to put all my shirts back on. good that i did because it started to rain. and not yer typical seattle drizzle, but it rained some good old cats and dogs. insult to injury. but it did make me feel a little better. then i got passed by someone i had passed early on. then i got passed by two other girls that i had passed way back, but i caught on them and hung on. i wasn't able to catch and take them back, but i was able to run to the finish. my watch said 2:05, which was 5 minutes faster then i was looking to do, but 5 minutes slower then i was hoping to do. had it not been for all that walking. and i feel terrible. i have to figure out what i am going to do about the half ironman. no good is that that is going to be. i might just have to walk the whole thing.

No comments: