Pages

Saturday, March 07, 2009

snow and hail

i liked swimming wednesday morning, ok the actual swimming was COLD but i liked it because it gave me the rest of the day to rest and then thursday was my actual rest day. friday morning i had thought that i would take it easy on the swim. i woke up and got myself there. it was 26 degrees out. i was freaking out because i didn't want the water to be like on wednesday. on the way to the pool i mentioned my concerns to one of the other ladies and she said that was very unusual to have it be so cold. i walked out side into the 26 degree weather in just a swimsuit and went over to the water. it felt nice. i got in and it was actually quite nice, thank goodness. i did my warm up and then started the actual warm up set. the coach guy was standing there looking like he was freezing - no hat, i don't think he had gloves. we did a kick drill with kickboards. he handed one to me and it was covered in ice. next thing you know i had completed 3000 yards. thats was more then i was planning for this "take it easy while swimming" day. the coach noticed that i am doing a way better job rotating, which i felt like i was totally getting down and i swam for a few hundred yards breathing out the left side. it made me a little dizzy but i didn't drown like has normally been the case. we did a bunch of backstroke which was kind of fun. except i smashed my toe on the plastic rope thing. later in the day i discovered i had smashed my hand into the rope, too because not only is my toe all bruised but my hand is all bruised and it looks like it was in a fight. real wierd. there is a little old man who comes to swim as we are finishing up. he wears a speedo and i always talk to him a little bit. friday morning he sat on the edge of the pool and said "nice water and pretty girls, what more could anyone ask for" or something like that. when i got out, my flip flops were covered in ice. that was a weird sensation.
when i got home i got on the trainer for 1:45. and then, eric made stuffed burges for dinner and i had 1.5 of them. totally delish.
today i went for a trail run. totally fun but my hand froze. i had no idea they were frozen until i went to get in my car and i had a tough time dealing with my keys. i had to stop for gas but couldn't get my credit card out of my wallet. because of this and the fact that it is pouring down a combination of slush, hail & rain, I am resolving to the fact that I will ride the trainer tomorrow. for 3 hrs.
this week was a record traning week. I finished up with 19.47 miles running. Its killing me that I didn't get to 20. Had i run on the road today I would have been over 20 for sure. I finished up with 98.94 on the bike. Grr, this kills me too, but i have no real reasons why i didn't make 100, but 98.94 is still a damn lot. I also finished up with a record 4.66 miles in the pool which is absolutly amazing and probably my greatest feat ever!!
the kids are amazingly adorable. seamus & sirus had a few sleepovers this week. they just get in their sleeping bags and crawl into bed. they are so good. seamus had school photos this week, too! can't wait to see them!

No comments: