Pages

Thursday, July 09, 2009

fears

i have a few fears that some may say are irrational but really, i bet if you looked around a little you'd be able to fin examples of each of these that have happened in real life.

- dying and no one finding before the cats have begun to eat me.
- there being an earth quake while i am swimming and whatever body of water i am in cracks open and sucks all the water and myself down into the earth. i have had this thought while swimming mostly in lakes but i have also had my heart rate start to increase when the thought occured to me while in an indoor pool.
- there being a tsnuami in any body of water that i might be near. could be irrational because i am mostly near lakes but i swear it could happen although this one doesn't worry me when i am at the pool.
- filling up the bathtub with water and once i step in, my added weight being too much for the floor to bear and me and the bath tub crashing down into whatever room is below.
- getting in a car wreck while eating fast food and being found by the firemen and paramedics with a big old whopper, blizzard or bean burrito smashed all over me. i get most worried about this when i am a passenger chowing down.

last night even, i was chewing on a particularly messy bean burrito and became overly concerned that we might wind up in a crash.

but duuuude, i am having a FAT week, with an F not a PH. its really bad. gotta get this show on the road. i am a little worried about the 10 mile trail run race this weekend, yikes! i imagine it will be good, i just need to try my best.

on tuesday i overslept because my alarm was set for 530pm instead of AM. but i did get up by 6 and drove to the redmond track. after the eastlake hs track was locked last week i figured i wouldn't mess with that and i had heard that redmond is never locked. until tuesday. i didn't know what to do so i drove all the way home and went to the dirt track right across the street. the workout was fine, i had some motivational issues but got it done. then i got in the car and drove the one tenth of a mile home while the landscapers at the school watched me. funny stuff.

and i'm feeling a little sad today. we took sirus to go check out a new preschool. we decided we don't want him to go to the same one that seamus went to. all 4 of us went to the tour and we liked it. what made me sad was that whenever sirus got a little shy or something he went right to eric and hung all over him. and now, sitting at home, both kids are cuddled up with him. i'm feeling a little not loved so much.

1 comment:

LaVonne said...

finding a track is frustrating! the Interlake HS track has a secret back entrance, if you ever want me to show it to you.

I am having a fat week too. As in, eating WAY too much junk food. Chocolate cake, cookies. Yesterday I did so good, until RIGHT before bed I had 3-4 (lost count!) cookies. Couldn't sleep because of the sugar high. With my Half IM next weekend, too late to loose weight for it!

We all have irrational fears, you're normal!