Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

after paradise

so like i said, i had that sore throat on that ride. i felt terrible that sunday and skipped my swim and was a horribly, not fun mom to be around, on monday i finished up some stuff for work, ya know, all the late night friday drama that needed cleaned up. i had another rest day from training, too. then tuesday - ahhhh, day OFF. i slept in until like 830 or something. the kids didn't know i had stayed home so no one crawled in bed keeping me awake. i had 3 nights in a row of 9+hrs of sleep. i was getting caught up. i hung out at home for a few hours. just chilling out. then i went to bellevue square for some reason. i can't remember why. what was i doing there? but then i came home, changed real quick and headed out for a mtn bike ride. eric and sirus had picked up seamus from school, they had lunch, they took sirus to school and now eric and seamus were doing trail work. i rode around for a bit and came across the trails they were working on. seamus had her bike out there and was doing some mountain biking, too. after, we all headed over to pick up sirus. he didn't know i was home and when he saw me there waiting to get him he started jumping up and down getting all excited! it totally made my day!
wednesday morning i got up to go to masters swimming. i get up at 5, but really its 450 since my watch is 10 minutes fast. i get dressed, i get a glass of water, i get in the car and i drive there. then i sit in my car looking at email on my iphone. OMG - work drama at 524 AM. i took a deap breath, got out of the car and went to the pool. yeah, main set 8x100 IM followed by 5x100 free. it was good. after only a few minutes into the warm up i had let the work drama roll off and just worked on swimming. when i got to work i just did it. like i've said before, i like my job. i like the people i work with and i like what i do, just sometimes, it gets to be too much when it all kits at the same time and something is up because its hitting like crazy right now. i am trying to be very careful at looking at it objectivly and making sure my inability to deal is due to too much training, but i don't think it is, shit is really just nuts and once one shit is down the train, another one starts knocking at the door. so not cool.
on thursday morning i got up at 5am to ride the trainer for 2:15 in zone 3 and watch the movie 2010. thats a lot to deal with at 5am. more drama at work, more of the same drama - once we get one hole plugged another springs a leak, i wondered if the world really was coming to an end. later seamus lost her first tooth! ealier in the week we made tooth fairy pillows for the both of the kids. good thing - just in the nick of time! we also went to the art walk at seamus's school where we had the opportunity to buy her art work. it was cute and she seemed happy to be there and was excited to see her friends.
friday i made it to swimming. i sat in the parking lot and nothing alarming was coming over in email. i got out of the car, took 2 steps and realized i was in my slippers and i had not changed into my shoes... which was fun until while i was doing my sprints the masters coach who decided to swim with us since not many folks were there and he was getting soaked in the torrential downpour anyway, well, he was kicking with a kick board and was faster than my all out sprint. whatever.
someone in the locker room had made the comment about it being friday to which i replied - only 10 more hours and we are all set!
the first part of work was fine, slippers and all. at lunch i went to do my core workout in the gym. i warmed up on the treadmill then went to get the floor mat. as i walked towards the middle of the room i banged my knee head on into the metal foot plate of the seated row machine. full force. i felt it hit but felt nothing, but then it hit. my leg was completely stiff, i couldn't move it and all i felt was extreme pain all the way from my hip down to my foot. i wanted to cry but knew if i did i wouldn't be able to start. i almost threw up. i was thinking i was going to need to call eric to come pick me up, i didn't know how i was going to manage. after i saw there wasn't any immediate discoloration or swelling i decided to bend my leg despite still being in extreme pain. it was horrible. i dont' know if i have ever been in so much pain. i hobbled around and hobbled through my core workout avoiding anything that involved bending my knee or bearing weight on it. dude, it sucked. i hobbled back to my desk and within minutes found out that my personal email account had been hacked. muffa farker. minutes later i got a call and even more shit happened. unfreaking beleiveable. i just listened and said ok. i got through the rest of the day, eric and the kids picked me up, i cried in the car and then took a deep breath. i was going to enjoy the rest of my evening. and i did. i had two lemon drops with dinner, i got and gave lots of hugs and kisses and ya know what, i love my family and really that is all that matters.
today i ran for an hr of zone 3 on the treadmill. after the knee incident yesterday i was pretty sure my season was over, but it doesn't hurt to run, just to bend. after i swam, and it felt great. except when i would push off the wall, then my knee would hurt but whatever. when i got home we went for a walk. really i wanted to take a nap but it was so beautiful out that i wanted to be outside some. when we got home though i took a nap! its been a rough week, a rough few weeks. but dude, its going to get better here soon, right?

No comments: