Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

purge

i totally just purged all my drawers and the closet. everything that needs to be drycleaned is going to be donated. most things i haven't worn in the last year are going to be donated, too. shoes that i have tried to wear but can't stand being in for the 8hrs required at work - out. birkenstocks i've had since 1986 - staying! can't part with those!!
organized my shoes, most of which i can't wear or don't wear often but will keep for eternity because they are awesome. some i should get rid of. maybe next time around.
i would like to go through the entire house and just pitch EVERYTHING, i'm in that kind of mood, but the kids have most of their stuff confined to their rooms, so i will let it slide.
i swam. twice! yesterday and today. it was amazing. i have been so starved for some sort of physical activity that i am beside myself with its wonderfulness. i felt good, an i felt good after. well, yesterday things started to hurt on the drive back home but today, i have been feeling really good, even able to pick up the giant thing of cat food, the aforementioned purging. feeling good! what will i do tomorrow?
should i even bother mentioning how i slept in until 930 yesterday and then stayed in bed until 2:30 before finally getting up to swim? i was/am a little sick, so it was good for me!
my back has been a pain in my ass. PT all the time, no doing anything. standing is getting better but sitting pretty much blows. the one night i was in so much pain, it was a new horrible pain i didn't understand it, it had progressivly gotten worse during the day at work, but by the time i was home all i could do was lay on the floor. so that is what i did. eventually i got up and lasted about 20 seconds before i wanted to lay back down. standing on my right foot brought me to tears and just standing in general was horrible. laying down wasn't much better, i could feel my quads gradually tightening up, on the verge of cramping and then moving to my calves. it was horrible. i eventually called the nurse on call because there was no way i was going to make it through the night. we talked for a long time and she had me take some aleve and get on some ice. after a few hours i fell asleep and then in the morning, like most mornings, i was totally cured. until an hour or so later... but thank goodness that pain hasn't come back. it was horrible!
i've spent the weekend reading the 3rd of the twilight books and just chilling out. it was a sorta rough week so its been nice to just relax. can't believe its gone so fast, though.
we went to whistler!! for the xterra! i did not race. even if i was healthy i wouldn't have raced, are you kidding me? i am smart enough to know that whistler is not a place for me to be racing. mat went with us, he sat in the back seat with the kids an they loved it. he is good with them. the weekend itself was good, too. got to see friends and cheer on all the racers. it was exciting and eric did fantastic! mat did well, too, but eric broke mat's winning streak seeing as eric beat him at vashon by like 30 seconds, then mat beat eric at black diamond and portland both by about 30 seconds, so eric won this one. nationals will be an interesting one - who will win there i wonder?
everythign else has been ok i guess. i was sad to miss the two races that i had to cancel my registration for, the weather has been so amazing that its totally lame that i have not done anything! but the open water swim was delicious this morning! at least I got that in!

2 comments:

LaVonne said...

I am so happy you swam! Two successful swims is a great start to your comeback.

I too have been totally in a purging mode! Maybe it has something to do with back pain. Except for me, I could not part with anything. How lame is that, stuff I have not worn in years I keep because "I MIGHT want to wear those pink capris again someday"?!? But now you've motivated me and I'm gonna do it!

Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday.

Janet said...

I haven't cleaned out my clothes, but I did purge a lot of books we don't read anymore! I have been itching to clean out my closet, but I have to wait until Travis makes a donation run, so I can immediately start a new donation pile. It is one of the little things I do to keep him from feeling like well ever have a clean garage.

I hope that back gets better!