Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

shakin'

i don't get the harlem shake thing.  i just don't get it.  at all.  actually i think it is quite rediculous.
internets need to stop it.

other news, tomorrow i will finish up 2nd big week of training in a row!  i do have to say i will be impressed with myself if i manage to get through the week.  but tomorrow is a run and i am suffering from some sore calves from some over zealous calf raises on thursday.  despite a rest day on friday they are quite sore today.  i managed yoga and an almost 3hr mountain bike ride but running might be a different story.  we'll have to see.  but i have been on a pretty good training roll, 5 weeks to be exact.  i went back in time to figure out what was going on before that.  man, i was not a happy camper.  wow with the migraines!!  what a mess i was in!  and that sinus infection too! so thankful for feeling better!!
the week of feb 4 i declared that i was almost ready to get back into the pool - oh so foolish of me!  not this past monday, but the monday before, the doctor at the healing center said my head was looking pretty good.  he said that scalp was forming on my head and that he thought another week and i'd be pretty good. so i was excited about that!  then last saturday there i was at yoga, since i a yogini now, we were doing some stuff, and i rested my head all gently on my towel on my mat and when i lifted my head up, to my surprise, i left some brains right there on the mat! brains i tell you!  not many, but a few.  i was slightly alarmed but since the brains weren't gushing, i finished the class.  then i made a b-line for the mirror and saw that apparently i had been leaking brains for some time since they were all over the bandage on my head and just all over the place.  so whatever, i changed into my cycling those and met up with xtie and sara for some mountain biking.  i had only been outside on my road bike once since like september or october even, and i couldn't even remember when the last time i had been on my mountain bike was - possibly august?  so it was a pretty big deal.  my skills were crap, my fitness, also crap, and it was raining and i was still somewhat worried about the leaking brains but i was happy to be out there.  on monday at the healing center they were like, what happened?  all the skin that had grown was gone.  all the progress of the previous weeks was non-existent.  where did it all go?  so i dont know, they dont know.  so if nothing good has happened when i go in on monday they will take some "samples" to see if something else might be going on.
   other news - i just had my 6year anniversary at my work!  that time has gone by quick.  i was talking to someone about it and how i had been at my previous job 6 years before going to where i am now, but all the life changes that happened at each job.  the other job:  got married, bought a house, had two kids, bought a car.  this job: sold a house, bought a new one, bought a car, had brain surgery.  also lost a cat and got another cat.
     and more news, i scheduled my 1 year diagnosaversary MRI and check up.  they are so nice, they sent me a letter in the mail and they call and they set up a whole itinerary since there are so many tests and people to meet with.  its not until May, but seriously, its hard to beleive its been almost a year, and really, other than the brains that may or may not leak out, every once in a while, i have a minor freakout where i am just like holy crap - i had brain surgery!
    WE HAD SNOW!!  inches of it!  within an hour, like 4 inches, it was crazy!!  no snow all winter and then on the 2nd (3rd) day of spring we had a blizzard? but then it all melted and was sunny later in the day.
     
 

No comments: