Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

short cut not so short

so my commute sucks. balls. the suck ballsiest part of it is the first 2.5 miles of it in the morning. at my old job, i still had to do that same first2.5 miles but i left considerably earlier and had no traffic woes. but ya know, i am just too damn tired to get up and leave the house by 6:15 every morning. so now i sleep in until 7 which is nice because that is when everyone at the house is up. its much better to start my day with some baby hugs and kisses. because i leave later when everyone else is leaving, i sit in traffic trying to get onto the freeway. so i have come up with a short cut that actually adds an extra 3/4 mile or so to the trip but if its gets me there quicker then hey. so today i have found that at least today, my short cut is no quicker. just as i was changing lanes to go toward the short cut i saw a lime green honda element stuck in the traffic. i said, ewww, why would someone get one of those in that color? then i went on my merry way. as i was finlly merging onto the freeway the honda element came right up beside me. hmmm. i don't know how i feel about that.

No comments: