Pages

Thursday, June 03, 2010

are you doing it?

i am on the road to recovery. i went to pt today and she said the swelling is down, but that there is something wonky with the muscle, as if there had been some problems going on with it for some time now. i didn't have to do the thing with the golf ball! but i did have to do kegels. apparently they help your obturator internus. so i did that a few times with the pt lady standing there asking me if i was doing it or not. then there i was laying there, doing my kegels when she said i had to start marching my legs and swinging my arms. what? i kept laughing because its actually pretty hard to do.
after work i did some aqua jogging. i did 20 minutes in the therapy pool against the current and then decided i was done with that so i got in the bigger pool and did another 10 minutes. i am pleased to say i can swim faster than i can run in the pool. only a little faster, but still faster. i was definitly surprised as to how warm i got and how tired i was after. hoping to be better soon because i'm not sure i can do much more of that.

1 comment:

Z's mom said...

I have to tell you, I have been pained just thinking about your injury! Stacy and I decided that neither one of us wants to trade places with you.
As for the aqua jogging...try tucking your butt under your torso more. I learned (after I had been aqua jogging for a long time) that you are actually not supposed to travel at all! Have fun with it :)