Pages

Sunday, June 05, 2011

compliments that aren't compliments and can't be warped or twisted in any way to make them into compliments

DUDE, someone today asked me if i was pregnant. :(
and they yesterday, a certain husband who shall remain nameless told me that my new haircut makes my head look smaller. he said that he even tried to make that one not sound bad but he couldn't think of any way to do it.
just for that i won't tell all of the internets how that nameless husband accidentally wore my cycling shorts out for a ride on thursday. he said they felt funny and that they seemed pretty short when he put them on but assumed that it was because he had done a bunch of quad exercises earlier in the day. so there.

2 comments:

LaVonne said...

what?!? pregnant? no way!

my recent compliment that really isn't came from andy while we were riding a few short miles together before he ditched me. he said:

"from behind you look like a professional cyclist."

Janet said...

LaVonne, that is too funny.

Carrie - pregnant? No way. Well, when I actually WAS 7 months pregnant a co-worker told me that I didn't look any different. I guess I had always looked like I was trying to shoplift a basketball.