Pages

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

September? WTF!

I am still stuck in July 2013!!  Whatever happened to that month??

Waaay back in like October I was super excited to get tickets to see One Direction.  The show wasn't until July, but I was super excited!  I was planning it as a surprise for Seamus.  But, while Janet's daughter cried and said she was the best mom ever, my daughter cringed in horror when I told her I bought the tickets.  I hadn't even asked her to join me!  I thot she might change her mind if I told her her BFF was coming too, but still no.
I asked Sirus and he said ok, but then he said he didn't actually want to go, but only said yes because I asked,  so Eric went with me!
One morning we woke up and Eric pointed to the brick chimney and asked me what that dark spot was.  It was this tiny bat friend!  It was asleep upside down!  Eric opened up all of the windows in the house, we closed the doors to the rooms and put the cats in the bathroom, then he put on those gloves and grabbed a pillow case.  He went right up to that bat and it fell in.  Then he reached in for a quick photo opp then the little guy flew away and stuck to the side of the house for a few hours.
Sirus and I went down to San Diego for the 3rd annual craniopharyngioma picnic.  When we arrived in SD we went straight to the USS Midway.
It was SO cool! While parts were roped off, it seemed like a ton of the ship was available to explore on our own.  Up and down the different levels, careful not to trip or bump our heads.  We went way down below the water line and up onto the flight deck!
We also got in the flight simulator,  Sirus was the gunner and I was the pilot.  Oh I was terrible.  And I got SO sick! They had a go pro in the pod so they could watch, and by the end of our flight, when the attendant came to let us out, I know he could tell I was going to barf!  
But the ship was amazing and I am so happy we went- well worth the trip!
The next day we went to Legoland. It was fun.  Sirus really liked it and none of the rides were so extreme as to make me sick.  We did go on two where we got completely drenched.  Soaking wet, dripping.  Nothing was dry.  Luckily it was so hot out because we dried off pretty quickly.  And one ride broke down on it and we got stuck!
We went into the aquarium for a quick visit and saw this guy:
We stayed at Jen's like last year only this time brian and their kids were there.  Sirus had a ton of fun with them.  They are 5 & 3, which was fun for Sirus because he is usually the little guy,  AND since it was at a residence inn, Sirus got to have Belgian waffles every morning!!
Saturday was the picnic in Redondo Beach.  It was fun to see everyone!  So many friends from last year and so many new faces too.  I let Sirus go to the arcade with the other kids and I hung out with the grown ups and Jen and her kids.
On Sunday it was time to head home.  We stopped at In-and-Out, but since we had just eaten lunch, Sirus got a milk shake and gave me a sip.  He put that hat on and kept it on the entire flight, all the way until we got home and he was getting ready for bed.  The TSA guys at the airport were asking him all about it and let him keep it on while going through security.
Later in the summer Allie came to visit.  She was headed to Oiselle Bird Camp in Leavenworth.  I wasn't able to go, but it was fun that she was able to visit.  Ellen and Dr Carolyn came too!
We went on a hike up to Crystal Mountain.  At the top the chipmunks were super friendly, climbing on our laps, hoping for treats.
Seamus will be taller than Allie the next time we see her, no doubt!
Sirus spent a lot of the summer racing at the Wednesday Night World Championships once he got his new bike.  He did great and was 2nd in the series!
I hung out with the police.  As I do sometimes.
There have been a TON of fires in eastern Washington this year.  They have been devastating.  So many homes lost, land destroyed and animals displaced.  The smoke has been so thick that the view from Poopoo point was so sad.

The General eating Sirus's toast because Sirus was too busy having the 24hr flu, barfing like a mad man.

Now that mtn biking is done, Sirus has moved to cyclocross!  That bike is really big and heavy to be carrying up that hill!

Sarah and I headed up to Bandera Mountain.  Neither of us had gone before so we didn't know what to expect.  Western washington was prepping for he storm of the century so it wasn't the very smartest thing to do, but at least it wasn't crowded!  Id like to go back on a nicer day!
Darth Vader took a nap.

So then on Monday I went and visited The Oatmeal.  He was at PAX and PAC was happening right by my work.  So I walked over there fully anticipating standing in a 282615738 hour line like at Beat the Blerch last year, but really it was only a few people long!  I talked to him about the Rattle Snake Ridge 50k because he did the 1/2 marathon that day.  And we talked about the Blerch and stuff.  So he drew this amazingly accurate picture of me running!!  I loves me The Oatmeal! Oatmeal, if you ever read this, come over to our house and visit with our cats!!

An lastly some coworkers and I made these clever disguises so we could nap at our desks and no one would be able to tell.  Amazing, right?  You can't even tell that our eyes are actually closed!!



No comments: