Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

big week

i am in the middle of a high volume week! or at least high volume for me!! i am happy though because i just finished up the last of the running until sunday (which on my tracking plan is considered next week!).
so far just a little over 22.5 miles running, i've already swam 3.5miles and have one more swim to do on friday which will put me at around the 4.85 or more miles for the week and then i've got 5hrs of biking to do between tomorrow and saturday. so its a big week. for the month, its on track to be the biggest month i've had in my training, which is pretty exciting and pretty cool at the same time.
i was looking at my training log from last year and noticed a pattern - on my rest weeks i am starving non-stop! eric always tells me when i complain about being so hungry all the time - hey yer on a rest day, or its a rest week and i'm like whateva, but apparently its true. except my notes are more along the lines of "omg i totally chowed down and now i feel sick" during those rest weeks but never during the high volume weeks.
i can't remember if i mentioned before the sweet gear a friend of ours gave me as payment for some work eric did on her house. we're talking super high tech awesome winter riding gear. anyway, today she gave us compressions socks and tights and hats! i wore the tights on my run and they felt good! and the socks are awesome, i want to wear them forever. is it bad to sleep in them? can i wear them to work?
what i learned on tuesday is that wearing jeans that are too tight do not have the same affect as compressions tights. i had to take my pants off, yes - at work, towards the end of the day because i was getting a head ache. i was sitting in a meeting talking to my boss when it hit me. luckily (i guess??) i had swam in the morning so i had all my pajamas and stuff with me, so i took those too tight jeans off and put on some nice cozy sweats and my slippers (because i was also wearing some fancy tall boots - but A+ for me since they are flat with no heel!!!). i think the pants were fine except i ran for an hour on the treadmill in the middle of the day and then put them back on and that is when the trouble started. not sure if my huge, massive muscles were just bulging out all over the place after that run, or what the deal was but there was soemthing definitly going on after the run that was not working with the jeans. can i wear my new compression socks with the boots to work? i told eric i would wear the compression socks with my running skirt and i'll tie a shirt all up all britney spears all baby one more time like and that is how i will do all my runs from now on. because as he and i discussed about me and swimming - its not really about the swimming, its about making a spectacle of myself which he will be doing soon, too since we got him this for his upcoming birthday:

1 comment:

LaVonne said...

i am sure it's the bulging muscles from your run. i am being serious. that is funny you put on your sweats. congrats on your high volume week!