Pages

Saturday, January 02, 2010

funny people

i have some sweet new winter riding gear. it is SWEET. its all the crazy new technical fabric stuff that is crazy. i was wearing ALL of it the other day when it was raining. head to toe one label. kind of funny but ya know what I was totally dry and warm despite it being cold and pouring down rain. but we stopped at the bathrooms and i was standing there some racer dude pulled up and asked me if i rode for the team of all the gear i was wearing. i said yes, to which he replied "oh! i thought those legs looked fast!" eric and the friend who gave me the gear said the dude was totally hitting on me, i thought he was just making fun of me. regardless i was dry.
today i went for a trail run and then stopped at the gym to do a core workout. on new years eve, janet and i went to the VO2 performance center for a core circuit class. i had a suspicion that the core work i was already doing might not be sufficient so i wanted to take a class and see how it went. the class was fun, there were 5 stations with 2 exercises at each. i broke a sweat which i was surprised by but never felt totally spent. ok, except the one where you hold onto the 4 pound ball and twist side to side. i thought my arms were going to fall off. but the following morning, i sure felt the workout. i was totally sore all over the place. i was surprised and but happy at the same time since it meant that it worked! onto the point, after the trail run i went to the gym to try to repeat the circuit as best i could. i had worn my I Beat John Curley shirt out running because i love the shirt and i think its funny, and gosh darn it, i beat him, so why not let the world know. i walked into the gym and the girl at the front desk called out to me all excited about my shirt. she asked if i really did beat him, to which i could proudly say YES and then we had a quick conversation about which race, etc. i then went to the locker room and changed the shirt.

No comments: