Pages

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

good times in the dunk tank

since all my friends have been going in for hydrostatic body fat testing lately, and since i have been curious as to what has been going on with my body composition, i made a spur of the moment trip to have the test done.
the guy and i chatted a while, he asked me why i was testing again. my real reason is that i've put on some pounds since i did the test back in january 2008. i have also been training waaaay more than i had been prior to that test. for instance, in january 2010 i swam more than i did in all of 2007. although i did a 1/2 iron man in 2007, i wasn't doing a ton of training. i was running, but not a super ton, but it was about all i was doing.
i got in, held my nose, went underwater and blew out all the air. then i did it again. apparently i did a better job with the air the 2nd time so he had me do it a 3rd time. the 3rd time was identical to the 2nd, so that was my average. the guy was funny, it was like he was trying to build up the anticipation of my numbers. he wouldn't tell me, he just kept asking what i was thinking my numbers would be, and whatever. anyway. so, i had gained 9.4 pounds since the test in 2008. i knew that much before going into the test. the good news is that of the 9.4 pounds, 8.5 of them is (are???) lean muscle, and 0.9 is fatty fatfatfat. my overall % though is down by 0.2%. so all in all thats good i think. i have to take those 9.4 pounds up hill with me, but at least most of them are helping me get up the hill, right?
we did talk about how he is going to take a truck to LA and call it the Phat test.
but good grief, after work the kids and i made a quick stop at cold stone creamery and then i topped of the night with some peanut butter captain crunch. that box is almost done and that cereal won't be making another appearance in a long long time.
onto other things, i ordered another splish suit. they are having a $20 grab bag sale so i risked it and ordered one. the one i received is good! nothing crazy, just green with a bunch of shamrocks on it with one giant one on the butt. i would have been totally happy with this suit had i not known about the fabulous suits my friends received! they each got ones with random writing like Big Mo, VC, and Merry Christmas Kelly. i might need to take a sharpie marker to mine!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I had to send my "Very Cheap" suit back. I suppose it is poetic justice that it had an unraveled seam when I got it! I should be getting another one from them. I sort of hope they'll just fix the VC suit.