Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

transition

i'm in transition! going from base building to getting ready for race training, yikes! the only kind of transition i ever think about is when they talk about when you are in labor and like you are totally dying from the pain of it, then you go into transition to get ready for actually pushing the baby out. i remember when i was in labor with seamus i think, i was in so much pain it was killing me and i asked the nurse - so is this labor? am i doing it now? and she kind of looked at me funny and said, no, not really. she said i was indeed laboring but i wasn't quite in real labor yet. i didn't know what to think about that.
i had an interesting conversation with eric the other day. he has this friend who used to work at a gym, was like the manager or something and he was a body builder and now is a bike racer and the guy when he saw eric commented on how eric is looking pretty fit these days and guessed his weight within a pound. pretty impressive, too since he didn't guess a round number like a 5 or 0, either. real weird. this is the same guy who once at the same guy's house where we were they both ran upstairs to weigh each other. i can't remember what that was about, but it was weird. anyway, apparently eric told them about my recent trip to the dunk tank. the guy totally guessed my BF! he was off by like .3 or something crazy, but still, it was nuts. anyway, so eric went on to tell me about how when we were in hawaii back in 2007 that i looked super model hot. here is photo proof of my alleged super model hottness. i was like - oh! well, thats a nice thing to say until he followed it up with "yeah, but super model hot is hot and all but really its actually not that hot in real life, you're much hotter now." what the hell does that mean? so i have been bugging him non stop about it because its the weirdest thing i think he has ever said to me. anyway, apparently my xtra 8.4 pounds of muscle and 0.9 pounds of fat or whatever it was since then helps me reach a much hotter potential, or something of that sort. i think maybe it has more to do with the fantasy hair than anything. yes, the fantasy hair that when i asked sirus tonight if he thought my hair was pretty, he replied with no. he thinks i should cut my hair like his - it shouldn't cover my ears he says.

No comments: