Pages

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

waaaah!!!

i hurt my neck. how did this happen? let me tell you:

I ate salad for dinner two nights in a row.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
I turned thirty something.
I talked to Ryan Iddings last week about how he had to wear a neck brace after hurting his neck.
Its a rest week.
I mailed out the race registration for the 5k on saturday - yesterday.
I am being punished because when my alarm went off i got out of bed to grab my iPhone and then got back in bed to check email.

it was the last one, although i'm not totally ruling out the others and i even tempted fate by having salad again for dinner tonight (but i followed it up with ice cream). this morning my alarm went off. i got out of bed, grabbed my iphone and then got back into bed. this is a normal routine for me when i don't have an AM workout planned, i crawl back in bed, check email, check a few other things then eventually get up and start the day. well, today when i got back into bed, something went terribly wrong. :(
my neck totally geeked. it make a terrible noise and i knew instantly i was a gonner. i was instantly in pain, i went downstairs and asked eric to start trying to massage it out but it just got progressively worse. i went back upstairs took some aleve, pulled out the mystery heat pack thing and got ready for work. as soon as i could i called the PT and made an appointment. no activity for two days, another appointment on friday and we'll see how it goes. she says swimming will likely be out for a while, biking probably too since it will be tough to hold up my giant head but she thinks i should be able to run, as long as i can stand the pain. joy.

this has happened twice before. once in highschool i had fantasy hair, not too different than the fantasy hair i have now. i was putting it in a barrett and then bam! that terrible neck noise. i was like hmm, that's weird. i sat down for breakfast with my mom when all of a sudden horrible pain creeped up my neck and i lost all ability to function. i layed on the couch and that is where i stayed for the next 4 days!! the next time was in college. i had woken up early for crew practice. was fiddling around with stuff and then bam! there it was again. i didn't dare lay down, remembering the high school incident. so i sat there for 3hrs waiting for the trainer to get in. he was just like blah blah blah whatever, you're totally faking it and then he did something, i yelped, he stopped, and then was like, oh, umm, yeah, hmm, ok. here are some muscle relaxers. it wasn't as bad that time as the time in high school but it wasn't awesome let me tell you. this time is worse than the college time.

but waaaah!! wtf.

No comments: