Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

eric

tonight eric gave me a hall pass and said he would take both kids to bed so i can blog. not sure what he was thinking i would be blogging about but i guess after about an hour of us sitting at the kitchen table chit chatting over margaritas he had enough of me.
today i went to the chiropractor. i was going to try to get through a whole week without seeing him but i decided this morning that i wanted to see him. so i went. he did is usual elbow in the ass routine that i long for on a regular basis. did some hip flexor pain inducers, some it band horror and then pulled put the scraper. omg, i don't know what this scraper thing is for. something to do with fascia and whatever but i am also pretty sure it was designed for pain induction. its a funny blue thing, he puts some lubey stuff on it, he says its emollient, and then tries to scrape my skin off. dude, there are easier and less painful ways to get my DNA!! he did it on my back once and that sucked, so when he pulled it out this time, i was just like, dude, i dunno if you need to be going to such extremes. then he got all aggro on my side hip. wtf. while he was doing it he was like," uh, yeah, you are going to have a bruise from this. wow, yeah, its going to be pretty bad. hmm, you should try and ice this when you have the chance." scrape scrape scrape!!!! dude, so yeah, when i got to work i took a peek and it was all red and swollen and a mess, and by the time i got home sho-nuffs it was all black and blue. please internets, tell me if you have experienced the scraper and if you have, what was your experience like? so, i definitely felt better when i left his office, but dude. i do'nt want to do that again.
none of these are of my chiropractor. but they illustrate my experiences:
I am pretty sure this is the look my guy has when he is using that scraper and i am secreting my face juices on that paper:

I often wear my navy blue dockers, brown belt and heather blue polo shirt when i am getting a good cracking. today i wasn't able to crack to the right.
and this is a perfect illustration of my too toned ass. remember when my PT told me i had too much tone in my ass? that's because it looked like this:

not really.

3 comments:

Z's mom said...

All I know about the scraper is that a PT friend of mine suggested that I might need it done for my non -plantar fasciitis and she told me that I would "say every bad word I had ever heard a couple of times over but then be able to run again". She is a total God-fearing girl who doesn't swear (boy do I wish I could emulate that sometimes) so I don't know how much she knows about bad words, but that still sounded like a fair trade off to me at the time.
Technically speaking, btw, I guess it is supposed to basically iron out the adhesions in the fascia. Imagine the fascia as a crumpled piece of fabric and the scraper as the iron. Except that you have to drag the scraper instead of just nicely ironing.

Janet said...

Has the scraper done any good? I don't get it!

LaVonne said...

The scraper is used to get burnt stuff off of pots after cooking, that's what it was designed for.

I love it - it's been great at getting out the scar tissue in my knee.

Also, how the heck can you get in to see our chiro calling the day of? I have to book out. I must not have most favored status yet. Unlike you, who is his best customer.