Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

40yrs and going strong

back in ohio there was a german deli right by our house. the deli always smelled weird, like terrible but there were always interesting things to look at in there. plus, the deli had two of the most tasty things every - first was a sandwich, kind of a sub i guess. i remember that it had some sort of pickle on it, i think. can't remember much more than that, but i remember that it was tasty and i could go for one right now.
but most notable is that they had a nut roll. what is that? its tasty goodness. my mom would send them to me when i went away to college and every time i came home to visit after moving away i would buy one or 4 to bring home with me.
sadly the german deli went out of business. so sad, it was where tasty goodness came from.
xtie found a nutroll once at a farmers market. she gave me some and i thought she told me where it was from, but i never went there. but i look for them. i figured we would find it in leavenworth but alas, there is none there. we even asked the people in the bakeries and none of them even knew where we could find it.
but yesterday, because eric hates me and loves me, made the nut roll.

apparently, when he picked sirus up from school, the crossing guard had a plate full of international treats. eric spotted a nut roll on that plate and instantly asked her about it. apparently one of the parents had made it for international day at school! she got the recipe for eric and then he made it!! 1st attempt was good, but not really right. i still ate the whole thing. for those of you who don't know. its like a loaf of bread. the whole loaf of bread. but then today when i came home, he had made another one! and this one is perfect!!! and i am trying not to eat the whole thing so i can share it with xtie and my mom this weekend. it might not make it, he might need to make another one. and begin mass production so we can sell them and make our millions. SO TASTY!!!

so last night when i was brushing my teeth before going to bed i decided that maybe i would get another letter of eric's name tattooed on me every 10 years. so his name will be complete on our 40th anniversary. when i told him this plan, i paused and was like, but then he'd would probably leave me when his name was complete. but he said no, he would leave me right after i get the I, so i would have just ERI. today, i was thinking, really i should have gotten a C and then just added the letters backwards. that would have worked, too.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I think you should have a rest week more often. Happy Anniversary!

Aleshia Fessel said...

It's kolachi!