Pages

Monday, January 02, 2012

Sparklinglady's Blog Star Date: 2012

the new year is off to a good start.
only 2 of my eye lashes have fallen out which, seems pretty good to me considering the lady was telling me i needed $50 of lash care products and another appointment by the end of next week. i passed on all of that. let's keep these lashes the way they are. although, i haven' yet swam with them, i wonder if they will fit in my goggles. tomorrow is the day to find out.
yesterday we went skate skiing. it was so fun. it was so nice to be out in the fresh cold air, but still so warm and working so hard. what i want to know is why did we feel like we were going so fast when really we were going at what would equate to a slow run pace? my pace was improved from friday, and i don't know what a good pace is, but i was happy with the workout, the weather was fantastic, eric was fun and i am excited to have gotten to try it. now i am trying to figure out when i can go again. apparently it is ok to swap out any bike ride for some skate skiing, but i must continue to run, ya know, to continue to adapt to the pounding. apparently i need to get some new shoes, too.
i wanted to get my haircut today. its a mess. but the guy wasn't in today. now i will likely wait another several months. i am starting to realize why he keeps trying to give me bangs. my hairline is rediculous and i guess he is trying to cover up my non-botoxed forehead. they used to tease me in college that i had a squishy forehead. i dont really remember it being squishy, but now, some days, its so squishy that i a wrinkle it up and then it sticks like that! and in the summer time! i swear it winds up being striped! good thing i live some place where there isn't any sun.
i have come to realize that maybe i am having a bit of a reaction to the neosporin that i have been using on my surgery site. what is strange is that i am less self conscious over the giant red oozing blob that is now there than the red bump that was there before. maybe its my lovely eyelashes.
i go back to work tomorrow, which after a long vacation is always a little scary, mainly because i'm never quite sure if any of my pants will fit. i have worn my house uniform pretty much the past 17 days and that is it. fingers crossed!

No comments: