Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

getting caught up

it's tuesday evening.  almost there.  almost time.
after the bog day of appointments and the low down last monday, the rest of the week was uneventful, sort of like my unremarkable pituitary.  i am pretty sure i came home every day and slept for a few hours.  then i got the call on thursday that my labs were back from all the testing on monday.  had some elevated growth hormone.  the tricky thing about elevated growth hormone is that awesome athletes like my self can have GH levels higher than the norm.  if this is the case, it's good in lots of ways.  but they weren't able to tell.  so i went in on friday for more blood work.  just a little this time, i was outta there lickety split!  after work we headed to leavenworth.
what a beautiful weekend!!  friends of ours invited to stay at their amazing house.  saturday instead of heading to chelan for the mtn bike race as originally planned, he stayed in town.  amy, the kids and i went for a hike.  just a 4 miler, more like a walk one would say.  but since i am such a bad ass, i will call it a hike.  but wow, by the end i was totally starting to bonk.  dude, 4 miles.  2 hrs.  and i was bonking!  at least sirus was bonking with me.
once we got back to the house i slept for 2+ hours.  i was exhausted.  despite all the napping, i am still able to fall asleep at night quite easily at a reasonable hour and i sleep through the night.
sunday we got up, seamus wanted to walk, so she and i walked around the big field, she power walked and totally dropped me!  she is a fast one.
on the way home we stopped in to see my mom and have some mother's day lunch with her.  we hung out by the water for a bit, enjoying the view and the amazing sun!
after lunch on the way to the car i started to get a headache.  it hit pretty quickly so i slept the whole way home and as soon as we go to the house i crawled in bed for 2 hrs.  when i woke up i still had the head ache but when i sat up and then joined the family downstairs the headache got really bad.  i got concerned so i called the doctor on call and he totally confused me.  so eric took me to the ER.
i was in so much pain and ready to puke, but luckily the hospital is totally empty so they took us back right away.  when we walked into the room there were like 8 or more nurses, techs, orderlies, and who knows who else.  so when i sat down on the table a complete wreck and was like I have a brain tumor, i was surprised when they all scattered.  the ones that did stay totally took action though, complete with bringing me a very warm blanket.  i was such a mess tho and didn't open my eyes until the doctor got there but by then they had already started and iv and taken vitals and all that.  i instantly like the doctor.  when i opened my eyes i was happy to see he had a great white tie with various colored stripes on it and he reminded me of a friend's dad.    but it was a bit weird when the doctor came into the room, he had a very tall, very silent man with him who was pushing around a very tall computer - his assistant he said.  when the doctor left, the dude with the computer followed him out as well. i asked for some water and some team jacob candy striper volunteer like kid brought me a cup filled all the way to the top.  the doctor quickly managed to spill it everywhere!
the doctor did some talking, called my neurosurgeon and they decided to give me a crazy narcotic of some sort and some anti puke meds, too.  i totally started to panic with the narcotics since they hit instantly since they went in through the IV.  the nurse was just like, relax, just close your eyes.  i was waiting for him to tell me to just enjoy it, but i was like OMG my chest feels all tight, OMG, my arms, what is happening to my arms, AKK, my head, ack, so after a while it started to get better, the whole time the nurse was telling me, that's normal.  that's normal.  i was just like, this is not normal!!!
so eventually they told me we could leave.  i wasn't thrilled with that idea, but i stood up and instantly lost my lunch.  like out it came.
so i laid back down and tried getting up slower. managed to get out and into the car.  took two fancy barf bags just in case!  opened the car window and just tried to relax until we parked the car and home and i lost the rest of my lunch. well, until i got upstairs to our room, then the real rest of my lunch was lost.  totally gross.  note:  the anti nausea medicine did not work.
i slept through the night and all day on monday.  when i wasn't sleeping i was laying in bed looking out the window at the beautiful sun and blue sky!!  i was supposed to go to work Monday and Tuesday but the ER doc said no-way jose, and omg, i would have never been able to last.
also on monday i got another call saying that i had to come in on tuesday for a 3hr blood draw.  good stuff.
that was too much for me today as well, and i had to come home and sleep for a few hours.  man.  i certainly am getting caught up.  i feel somewhat better than yesterday but my head hurts and if i move around too much i feel pukey.
 just have to get through tonight and tomorrow and then we'll be on it!  can't wait to see how my pre-surgery showers go!!  my surgery could be canceled if i don't take the showers.  creepy!

No comments: