Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

pinterest will be the death of me!

this is my Thanks to Pinterest list:
I have baked cookies with chickpeas as the main ingredient
I have made Carmelitas
I have created a great necklace organizer for in my closet
I have (well, Eric has) built awesome clothing dividers on the top shelf in our closet
I have (again, Eric has) built us an awesome closet unit that is so bad ass it has totally changes my outlook on life
I re-fashioned some wide leg jeans into skinny leg jeans
I have realized i do not own nearly enough infinity scarves or tall boots to be fashionable

and most recently, although all of the above things have been in like the last week, despite spending a good week or more early in my recovery with my main source of entertainment being to just stare at the blank white wall in our bedroom,  I have decided that we need some paint on those walls and some new lighting.  So right this very instant Eric is up in the attic clearing away insulation, getting ready to install some new lights!!  Right now the only light we have in there is an ugly ceiling fan light.  oh i should take a before photo, but i am lazy so i won't.  so he is putting in some recessed lights and then we will swap out the fan for one that is not so damn ugly and does not have the lights.  then he will paint two of the walls "manor house" i think it is called and leave the other two the lighter color.  then i will need to pick out some new curtain rods and curtains.  when eric asked why we needed new curtain rods i told them because they were the curtain rods of the previous owners, those curtain rods have witnessed more than i would like to think about, so we should get some new ones.  maybe i will look at the pinterest and see if there is someway to re-fashion (my new word i will reuse for everything now) them. and lastly i will pick out new curtains.  ours are too short, although on purpose to keep the cat hairs off of the bottoms, but whatever.  curtains are damn expensive tho!  lastly i'll replace the 10+ year old duvet cover.  and then even more someday, we (Eric) will replace the windows in there.
oooh!!  i just convinced seamus to go take some before photos for me although she is a little bothered that there are some paint samples on the wall so its not truly a before photo.  i am more bothered by how the room is so messy with construction equipment and cat trees and the bed not made, etc.
ooh, eric just went up the stairs with all the drop cloths!  how exciting!!!

omagosh!!!  just had to log back in and mention how thanks to pinterest i also organized the linen closet!  totally forgot about that one until i went right in there to put something away.
oh, and also thanks to pinterest i picked out my super short, pixiesque pre-radiation hairs!!


2 comments:

Z's mom said...

Can you spray paint the curtain rods? I like to spray paint pretty much everything :)

So excited to see the befores and afters!

LaVonne said...

where is the pic of the jewelery organizer thing?

i can only hope i am as productive as you are now that i am no longer working. of course, your husband does not sit in front of the computer all day like mine does. that hampers the overall productivity around the house.