Pages

Sunday, October 05, 2014

bare buns

this summer - wow. lets start with this:
 i have always wanted to so this race ever since i heard that it existed.  so there was this event i went to that involved wine and i drank some and there were also race flyers there and one was for this race so while i was still a little buzzed i went right home and registered.  yikes!

so i went to the race, and then I had to come home and take a nap!
but lots happened. 

Since there was limited parking, they asked that you meet at a P&R and take a shuttle. 
i didn't want to talk to anyone, but a guy sat next to me on the shuttle and kept trying to talk to me even though I kept looking away.
Once there I crawled into the fetal position and tried to figure out how I could get back to my car right away since they weren't doing return shuttles for another 3 hours!
There are rules (thank goodness) that if they see you with anything that might be used to take photos, they will confiscate it.  because of this, i left my phone in the car.  this made planning my escape plan extra tricky because i didn't know my way back to the P&R.  
Nudists use a lot of sun block and rub it everywhere without a care in the world
When I was in the fetal position trying to figure out how to leave, two guys walked by and one said "oh, I forgot my minotaur book"
There is nothing quite like seeing a woman rocking out naked while playing the baritone sax
Ok, yes there is- watching a naked man play the bass drum while he walks straight at you so all you see is drum, penis and legs
The band was pretty good and made me feel more at ease
One of the drummers in the band was wearing shorts 
I was one of only two women in the run who was wearing bottoms.
Some women ran without tops!
Running butts aren't a complete horror show
The run was really difficult- straight up hill for the first half, then straight downhill. 
The race starts with a loop through the main area before heading out on the trail.  As I came through the start/finish area the announcer said "and here comes our first pair of..." and i was afriad he was going to call out that i was wearing shorts.  he did not, he was commenting on my white sunglasses. 
I felt weird being handed water by a naked man
At the turn around was an old man sitting on a giant lawn mower wearing a shirt but nothing else
There are many, MANY varieties of penises.  I had no idea.
There was a naked man in a turban
The current fashion seems to be totally hairless
After the race I swam in the pool- naked!! And it was enjoyable!
Nudists seem to really like going down water slides
There are not any safety rules at the pool other than you must be naked
The ratio of men to women was like 272622838 to 1
Everyone seemed really nice and it seemed very safe.
There was a handful of kids there, but no teenagers
I met a man who has been going there since the 1960s.  He had to stop for a while because his wife was "too uptight" but then she died so now he can go again
He kept telling me I was going to get tan lines and then lifted up his belly roll and showed me how he had a tan line under it. 
he thought my name was Terry.  I did not correct him.
I won my age group and was 2nd woman overall
They took podium pictures.  I was hugging two naked women.
I took the first chance I could to get the hell out of there
But only after scoring two free entries into Nudestock which is the weekend of hood to coast. 
I will probably do it again next year.







No comments: