Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

tired

so the other night i was super tired.  i had two bad nights of sleep.  one was friday night when eric was out of town at a mountain bike race.  ooooh, it was my first over nighter on my own since surgery.  i was pretty sure i could handle it.  he asked if i was going to have the kids sleep in my bed with me and even though that is what i always do when he is gone (although sirus usually opts for his own bed instead) the thought hadn't occurred to me.  both of them wanted to sleep in there with me which was great until i decided to go to bed and became instantly afraid that seamus would hit me in the head or face accidentally while she was asleep.
and to make it even better, as the night progressed, sirus moved into the middle pushing seamus even further onto my side of the bed and the cats all slept at the foot as usually.  it was a crowded and i sure didn't sleep very well.
the next night eric was back, but i slept horrible again.  non stop up, down, rolling over, my foot hurts, my leg hurts,my wrists hurt.  oh it was never ending.
so sirus is a funny guy.  he has a funny way of communicating too.  for instance, instead of saying "that's right" he will say "that is correct".  not a big deal but funny to hear from a little guy.
one of the things he says over and over, more along the lines of how some people say, "um" or "like", kind of as filler, he will say "want me to tell you something?"  he will say it 100 times in one conversation.  it gets a little overwhelming.  and then one of his new ones is he will say "and PS" and then say one last thing before running off.  what a guy.
as for my noggin, nothing new to report as of right now.  my appointment was rescheduled for july 9.  because of this, i totally tried to get them to give me the clifs notes version of what is going to happen but they would have none of that.  so now i am waiting.  and to say i'm not terrified is an understatement.  i got myself all worked up into a tizzy by "researching" on the interwebs.  gah!!! 
and PS - sirus graduated from kindergarten!!!


1 comment:

LaVonne said...

I love that he got all dressed up for his graduation. So cute!

I think your appointment will go well - so quit stressing! Relax and let your head heal.