Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

tuesday, weds, thursday

oh my!  i am never going to get caught up, and so much has happened!!!
lets go back to first week back at home after surgery....  came home monday, slept.
tuesday, slept.  maybe i made it downstairs for a little bit, i really don't remember.  but i think maybe i did.
wednesday afternoon, i walked with eric and sirus to pick seamus up from school!  i didn't make it the whole way.  i stopped about 3/4s of the way and sat on a bench while eric and sirus went the rest of the way to get her.  then they stopped to pick me up and we all walked the rest of the way home.  then i went and slept for probably a few hours.  :)
the next day, thursday - one week after surgery, i walked with eric to to pick sirus up from school.  i was able to walk the whole way that time, but picking him up isn't quite as far.  it was so nice out, only a few small rain drops coming down but it was glorious!!!
i slept a ton, but sat up in bed more but my tail none was hurting like nothing i've ever felt.  then when i would shift and hang my legs off the beg my hips would do some horrible realignment and it hurt so much, i could hardly stand it.  i didn't want to get out of bed, i just wanted to lay down but i knew that was part of the problem. aaaak!!!
during all of this, i was tapering off of my brain swelling medications, too.  that was a bit scary.  how could we tell if my brain was done being swollen?  they shrunk it, then it swelled?  how would we know when it was back to normal.  but i took all my pills with the apple sauce, oooooh, i love me some applesauce through this whole experience!!
eventually i was off all the medicines and i was taking only two extra strength tylonols at night time.  i was still having the major sweats at night though.  yuck!  i'd wake up totally soaked.  while laying in bed, i could bend my knees and the sweat would just roll down my legs.  totally gross!
but i was getting better everyday!  eating a little bit more, still sleeping a ton, but up and about a bit more.
everything was looking good!!!



No comments: